Quick fashion post for today (no I don't have a 27 pages management case to read and analyse for tomorrow morning), sharing with you this outfit wore by the lovely Leila Yavari during the New York Fashion Week. Simple, clean, just timeless. Plus, we can all recreate it with basics we all have in our wardrobe. Adding some links to similar items tomorrow. Lot of love and have a nice week dolls!
Sep 27, 2014
Fall is my favorite season when it comes to fashion. The reason is simple: the weather. The temperature still agradable, and allows you to mix & match summer and winter pieces. You can layer, mix textures and have much more fun than during the hottest months of the year, when a t-shirt and a pair of shorts are the only things your body can handle. Here are my selection of 6 essentials clothing pieces that we all need in our closet during the fall season.
1. A comfy sweater : Sporty chic still on trend thanks for us lazy girls who likes comfort and being stylish at the same time. I recommend you to chose a printed sweater to add a bit of edge to your outfit. Also, if you're not keen on that sporty trend, you can definetly get yourself some knits that gonna look really cute with some shorts or skirts and over the knee boots during the fall.
2. Black skinnies: Black skinny jeans are to me the number one basic that we all need. And I mean skinny JEANS. I am totally against the leggings trend that apparently does not want to disapear. Girls, leggings are not chic, leggings make your booty looks awefull, and you always look like you're just out of your gym class. Completly not elegant!
3. A Black blazer : Another all year around essential even if we tend to forget about it during summer time. Blazer jackets are a go to for any women. You can dress them up or down and they will follow you from work to date nights. I love a good androgyn look and a black blazer is the best way to have a boyish look without losing your feminity.
4. A Biker Jacket: You can find the perfect biker jacket for any prices nowadays. From Zara and it's affordable real leather one, or H&M and Primark doing quite good PU leathers one. It's a basic that every women need and it's gonna make you look put together no matter what you're wearing it with. You can go for the basic black one or try out some pastel colors really on trend for a few months. The key when it comes to biker jacket; the fit. Don't be afraid to try a few one before finding the one that is made for you. Believe me, it's gonna stay in your closet for years and years.
5. A White Shirt: It's not especially a fall essential, it's a life essential. Every women should have that white shirt that she can wear at work with some formal pants, at a romantic dinner paired with her favorite skirt or during a chill out day with her girlfriends with her favorite boyfriend jeans. It's a wardrobe staple that you can have fun layering with your favorite knitwear during the fall time.
6. A Scarf: Yes, fall also means that winter is on its way and it's already time to stock up on some lovely scarves to fight the colder months. I love me some check scarves, but you're free to express you personality by chosing a print, a material or a color that represent you!
Sep 26, 2014
Here is a picture with all the products I use daily to achieve my everyday make up face. As you can see on the picture I do not wear blush recently, because I'm on the hunt for a kinda natural one to match with my daily make up routine, so if you have any reccomendation, you can write them down below.
Sep 25, 2014
1. My favorite summer read definetly goes to Underground by Haruki Murakami. He is my all time favorite author and once again I read this book in just a couple of days. To briefly sum up, this book is completly different from what I already read from Murakami. It's all about the terrorist attack in the Tokyo subway back in 1995. As I have a very special attachement to this city and its unhabitant, I felt super emotional reading the first part of this book, compiling the testimonies of various victims, knowing that 20 years laters, I was using those same subway lines that were theaters of such a tragic event. I was also curious to read the ex sect members stories. Not gonna lie, I cried, especially during one of the last testimony. I learn more about this incident by reading this book that by reading any press article. Good job once again.
2. These Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet has been release a few months ago. I first saw them in store aroud April, but I finally got them a few weeks ago. I have three shades for the moment, a bright pink named "Pink Pong", a hot and warm red named "Hot Pepper" and the only nude shade out of the eight "Nud-ist". I am a huge fan of these lipsticks. The colors are extremely pigmented, they apply really easily and dry quite fast to a matte finish. I'm not keen on the smell but I can definetly deal with it and they stay on for hours!
3. What's making me super excited for fall and winter (except my birthday in November and Chritmas) is definetly fashion. I love layering and I think it's way easier to dress up during the colder months. You can play with textures and stack up on accessories. Here is my last buy. A brand new checked scarf. I already have a red toned but I wanted to get my hand on a clearer version and this lovely beige one from Asos is perfection. It's huge and really soft. Must have ladies!
4. Talking about fall clothing, I've been obsessed with a few shops new collections and Zara is one of them. I'm about to order this lovely black printed blouse. I love the japonesque print, and the quality looks really nice. I think it's gonna look really nice with some fitted jeans and basic pumps. Maybe paired with a red lip for a pop of color.
Sep 1, 2014
Olivia Palermo is definetly one my favorite it girl/fashion icon. I love how classy and put together she always look and I use to say that her and her newly husband are the real life Chuck & Blair. I was so excited when I heard about her teaming up with Aquazzura for a shoes collection (that I'll only have on my feet in my sweetest dreams). The shoes that she created are so beautiful. The shapes are really feminine and delicate, but the shoes are at the same time a staple for any women shoe closet. I particulary love the low boots, and the black pumps are the perfect amount of simplicity and sexiness. The collection also provide an amazing pair of over the knee black boots and some jewelled princess sandals. The collection is available at net-a-porter.com